1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Oh, lots of things, but many of them are little things to most people, but big things to me. Like going and ordering pizza by myself for the first time ever. Yes, I've led a sheltered life.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make resolutions. They're just ideas as opposed to major goals. I'd like to lose more weight, especially for VanCon, which I wasn't too successful at this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My maternal grandfather passed away on Jan. 2nd.
5. What countries did you visit?
Only Canada for VanCon.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More good things happening over bad. This year has been fraught with bad luck and bad things happening to me and my family of relatives. It's gotta stop some time, right?
7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Honestly, nothing really screams out at me other than going to VanCon in late August.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Surviving. Heh. Yeah, I'll go with that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I really can't think of any. I'm sure I had a few though.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I only got sick just a few weeks ago here with a little throat/nose bug, but other than that I've been fairly healthy. No injuries.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Has to be the ticket for Misha's first cruise at a con at VanCon. It was expensive, but the money was so worth the experience I had. Every bit of it was perfect and memorable. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who left me comments on my LJ, all my LJ friends who are so caring a wonderful, all of my dear friends who have supported and helped me this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Really can't think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Again, that would have to be VanCon. Always expensive, but so worth every second. :)
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
VanCon. *g* Like there would be any other answer? It was the highlight (again) of the year. The one bright spot (although even it was tinged with trouble when my mom wasn't feeling good while we were there).
16. What songs will always remind you of 2011?
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People. Such an infectious song! I turn it up every time I hear it.
"Rhythm Of Love" by The Plain White T's. I know it came out in 2010, but I didn't discover it until this year and it became my anthem for the summer and VanCon...still kinda is. ;)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same level of sad, really.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner...I think.
iii. richer or poorer? About the same?
iv. older or wiser? I suppose both.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. Sleeping. Visiting with friends. Watching more movies in the theater.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating and napping. Would've gotten a lot more done if I hadn't been asleep so much.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Quietly, with my mom and my aunt. I hope it's quiet, anyway.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not hardly, though I keep loving Jensen Ackles more and more (if that's even possible). *g*
22. What was the best concert you attended?
Didn't go to any.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Supernatural. Duh. :P
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at the same time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I rarely read books and even more rarely finish them. I read a few SPN novels that were good, but honestly, fanfic is so much better.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Birdy. Her voice is so beautiful though her music tends to depress me. LOL
27. What did you want and get?
A good photo-op with Misha Collins...Finally! Third time was the charm and in this year's we're both smiling. :D
28. What did you want and not get?
A really good birthday. It was nice and somewhat fun, but just once I'd love a really amazing birthday with surprises and lots of fun.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm so behind on films it's not even funny.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Drove over to the Olympic Peninsula with my mom and my aunt. We ate at our favorite pizza joint and drove around. It was fun, but not as good as an earlier drive over there. I turned 38.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I really can't name just one thing. Overall, the year sucked with lots of health troubles for my mom and my aunt. My mom got better. My aunt...didn't.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
If you're talking about something new, I tried branching off into buying/wearing more printed shirts instead of plain old t-shirts.
33. What kept you sane?
My family, my online friends, a little show called Supernatural, and listening to music.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jensen. The answer will always be Jensen.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I avoid anything having to do with politics as much as possible.
36. Who did you miss?
bardicvoice at VanCon 'cause she's happy and peppy and loads of fun to be around. :) I still miss my dad of course, and my uncle. And lately I've been missing my best friend from high school 'cause we've fallen out of touch lately. I really want to re-establish contact with her next year.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
metallidean_grl at VanCon. Even though we'd only known each other through LJ before, once we met that first Friday morning it was like greeting an old friend. :D
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Um, if I could think of one I'd tell you.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Um...I'll pass on this one too, due to time.
40. Single greatest moment of 2011?
While the Misha Cruise at VanCon was an amazing evening, there was one other moment that narrowly tops it: my photo-op with Jensen and Misha. I'm saving the full story for when I post my photo-op pics (someday soon, I promise!), but let's just say it was the most memorable photo-op I've ever (or maybe will ever) have. *happy sigh* It was an amazing few seconds! OMG :D