I'd like to think of this as an in-depth look into Supernatural. It's a collection of interesting observations, continuity errors, goofs, filmmaking techniques, statistics, important (or not so important) information, trivia, and anything else that struck me as unusual.
In which episode did Dean first kick in a door?
How many episodes has Sam been the coffee boy?
In which episodes can you see a crew member or the camera?
When do Jared & Jensen do their own stunts and when do we see their stunt doubles?
You'll learn the answers to these questions and many more.
I'll be examining each episode in order, one at a time. Some of the info. will probably be well known to most of you, but I hope to point out some new discoveries as well.
All the caps in these posts are my own. While most of these will not be suitable for other uses, due to my cropping and highlighting, you're free to take any that you like. All I ask is that you give me credit for them. Thanks! :D
Beware! This post is very image heavy.
There's no doubt that SPN utilizes a lot of mirrors. In just about every episode you'll see at least one mirror used to create a unique shot. Seeing as how the Bloody Mary legend revolves around mirrors or reflective surfaces, there's a lot of mirrors in this episode. So I'm going to split this post into 2 parts. One for just the items I discovered and one just to show all the mirrors they used.
We'll start with the mirrors...
1.05 Bloody Mary - Mirror Count
(1) The one Lilly speaks Bloody Mary to in the bathroom.
(2-5) Mr. Shoemaker passes 3 mirrors & one window on his way to the bathroom.
(6) The mirror in the bathroom Mr. Shoemaker dies in front of.
(7) The mirror Sam & Dean first stand in front of when they enter the house.
(8-9) The boys are reflected in one mirror coming down the hall (I tried to circle it, but it's still hard to see them) and that mirror is reflected in the round mirror. They're then reflected in the round mirror as they approach.
(10) The bathroom mirror, which Sam is reflected in twice.
(11) The mirror that Jill speaks Bloody Mary to in the bathroom.
(12) The mirror in her closet.
(13) The mirror Jill sits in front of.
(14) The TV screen reflection of Bloody Mary.
(15) The bathroom mirror again as Jill's eyes bleed.
(16) The closet mirror as Sam checks it out with the video camera.
(17) The bathroom mirror.
(18) The bathroom mirror at the school that Donna speaks Bloody Mary to with Charlie there.
(19) The windows Charlie passes on the way to class.
(20) Charlie's makeup mirror.
(21) The window Charlie breaks in the classroom.
(22) The teacher's glasses.
(23-27) There's at least 5 mirrors visible in the first panning shot when the boys enter the antique store. This first one when they enter and you can just see Sam....
then a smaller, oval mirror that again reflects Sam....
he's then reflected in this rectangular mirror...
and finally the two of them are reflected in 2 more mirrors. I know this cap's a bit blurry, but I did the best I could.
(28) The boys reflected in a mirror after Dean says, "That's just great."
(29) Sam is reflected in a mirror as he searches the store.
(30) Sam finds the original mirror.
(31) The boys are also reflected in a mirror as they see a light outside.
(32-33) Sam smashes the 2 mirrors on either side of the original one.
(34) The mirror Dean uses to kill Bloody Mary's spirit.
[34 mirrors/reflected surfaces total]