First of all, I’d like to take issue with the description of this episode:
Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a case where people are suffering violent deaths after hearing a mysterious song.
Just where did the "mysterious song" appear in the episode??? When they played that song on the record player in the opening I thought that was it....but, nope! *sigh*
Btw, I guessed early into this ep that it was a Banshee. *g*
Sam’s not sleeping well…thinking about Lucifer. :( Time to clean those guns.
Dean in the robe. Eeee! You can still see that scar on Jensen’s chin. Hee!
Cassifer is off feeding the birds and enjoying nature…and killing annoying angels who recognize him - oops. Seems like Misha has toned down his portrayal of Lucifer now and it works a lot better IMO. It is a little weird hearing him talk in his own timbre of voice instead of Castiel’s deep one. lol
Love the old songs in this ep. :)
The visual effects on the Banshee are very good!
Great, so Casifer has been combing through the Bunker’s records. And then Dean admits to him that he had 2 chances to kill Amara and he couldn’t - that it scares him. Gah!!!! Oh, this can’t be good!
Aha! So Marlene/Eileen is a hunter! Those are some cool sigils to trap someone/something. Hope the boys get to use those in the future. It’s sweet how she and Sam hit it off so well….and she’s a Legacy, too! I knew that baby from the opening had to have a connection somewhere.
Poor Dean! He’s the one the Banshee chooses to go after and not Mildred. Of course, this feeds all my hurt!Dean buttons. *g* Him hitting his head against that wall over and over again - OUCH! :(
Sam tells Eileen to drop them a line if she ever needs any help or just to hang out. Awwww. I hope we see her again! Always eager for the boys to have more hunter friends.
Mildred recognizes that Dean is pining for someone else…obviously Amara. But it’s sweet how he keeps flirting with Mildred as they say goodbye….awwww. Mildred’s right…the boys do look nice walking away. *guh* :)
At least Dean realizes something “is a little off” about Cas. Hope they figure it out soon!
And now Dean is the one who can’t sleep….
Shallow fangirl moment….Jensen’s arms!!!! And while wearing a black t-shirt!!!! *guh*
* The boys thinking about winding up in a old folks home. Awwww…
* SO MUCH LOVE for Mildred’s instant attraction to Dean. Who can blame her? ;)
* The boys standing over the grave of burning bones. Beautiful light from the fire and that breeze fluttering Sam’s hair! Gorgeous!
* That extreme close up of Jensen’s mouth. Thank you!
* Mildred showing Dean the beauty of a sunset and the secret to a long and happy life. It’s a very sweet scene.
* The blind beer can toss!!!
* Sam putting the flyer for the retirement home in his trunk full of momentos and photos. I guess a fan identified it as the trunk of photos Jenny gave the boys in “Home”. Wow!
* Dean snaking the dead guy’s Viagra bottle. Really, Dean? You need that stuff???
* Dean quitting digging up the grave and letting Sam finish.
* Mildred signing to Eileen about the boys and that she likes the short one & not a “mountain climber” anymore. LOL
* The boys talking about their favorite Golden Girls. Hee!
* Mildred with her hand on Dean’s knee….”I could move it up?” LOL!
* Dean asking if Sam’s okay and Sam admitting right away that he’s not and that being close to Lucifer brought up a lot of stuff. Then Dean tells him he’s never going back in that cage ever.
* Sam’s little smile at seeing that Dean & Mildred have definitely made a connection. Hee!
* Sam: “I wouldn’t do this without my brother. He’s had my back every step of the way. Even when I let him down.” *loves*
* Sam immediately rushing to Dean’s side when the Banshee attacks and again after Eileen kills it to make sure his brother was okay. And he gratefully thanks Eileen.
* Sam apologizes to Dean for not looking for him in Purgatory - that he stopped (yes! I knew he DID LOOK!) and that he’s never forgiven himself. And Dean just says it’s in the past and “all that matters now, all that’s ever mattered is that we’re together”. All the brotherly feels!!!!!
* Dean telling Sam he’s always right and Sam going “Yeah, yeah.” Hee! But he is, Sam. *g*
Really enjoyed and loved this ep. Hurray for awesome female characters that didn’t get killed off! So great to see Dee Wallace on the show. She totally rocked this part! I liked Mildred every step of the way. And then there’s Eileen…so cool to have a deaf character who is also a hunter (and who hunts alone - very impressive!). I hope we see her again.
Oh, Dean…why you chose to tell Cas about your attraction to Amara and not your own brother is beyond me. Now Lucifer knows and that’s going to be terrible down the road, I’m sure of it! Is Dean embarrassed? Worried about what Sam will think? I have no idea. But I hate it that here’s Sam opening up to Dean about everything that’s been going on with him and Dean’s keeping quiet about Amara. I truly hope we don’t end up with a scene like we usually get….where Dean finally tells Sam the truth, Sam gets pissed and walks away. *sigh* The boys are finally working together, being great brothers and I don’t want anything to ruin that! Grrrrr.
Lucifer: I'm not looking for a fight. In fact I am your only hope at beating the Darkness. I heard you kids had your big shot at the title and missed it. You don't need to be afraid brother, I am out of that awful, awful Cage. And I'm here to save you all -- Lucifer ex machina.
Sam: Seriously? This place is an old folks home?
Dean: Looks awesome. Maybe we oughta make a reservation.
Sam: Ha. We should be lucky to live long enough.
Sam: Turns out Harold was stealing the other resident's Viagra.
Dean: I know. A real dick move, huh?
Dean: So no retirement, huh?
Sam: Hey, you're the one who's always wanted to go out 'blaze of glory' style, preferably while the Bon Jovi song is playing.
Dean: I am a candle in the wind.
Dean: You okay?
Sam: No, I'm not actually, not at all. Being so close to Lucifer, again... Brought stuff up, stuff I thought I forgot about.
Dean: I tried to kill her.
Castiel/Lucifer: The two of you are connected somehow by the Mark. Dean: Yeah no, it's more than that. Castiel/Lucifer: Attraction? Dean.
Dean: I know. I know, okay? Whatever it is -- attraction, connection. I gotta tell you man, I don't know if I can stop it. I don't know that I can resist it.
Mildred: I got dibs on the other guy. You can have the tall one. I'm not much of a mountain climber anymore.
Eileen: You sure you don't want both?
Dean: I don't like using Mildred as bait.
Sam: You worried about her? Does this mean she has a shot? Dean: I always did have a thing for Blanche on "The Golden Girls."
Dean: Hey don't judge what you don't understand, Sammy.
Sam: No, I'm not judging. I've just always had a thing for Sophia.
Dean: I could see that.
Sam: Eileen, you okay?
Eileen: I'm nervous. If this really is the banshee I've been looking for-
Sam: Eileen, in my experience, revenge is not all it's cracked up to be. Killing this banshee is not gonna bring your parents back.
Sam: I was studying law at Stanford when my brother came and got me so we could get our revenge.
Eileen: You've been hunting together ever since?
Sam: Yeah, I wouldn't do this without my brother. He's had my back every step of the way, even when I let him down.
Mildred: You wanna know the secret to living a long and happy life?
Dean: Actually, I do.
Mildred: Follow your heart. You do that, all the rest just figures itself out. I did that, I followed my heart. Traveled the world, made people smile, forget about their problems for a while. And then my heart said, 'well, you're done.' I had my fill and retired and I love it.
Dean: Your hand is still on my knee.
Mildred: I could move it up.
Dean: Okay. I'm gonna-
Sam: Dean. When I was with Lucifer, he um, showed me things. It was like a highlight reel of my biggest failures.
Dean: Yeah, he was messing with you. That's what he does. Sam: Give me a sec. I should have looked for you. When you were in Purgatory, I should have turned over every stone, but I didn't, I stopped. And I've never forgiven myself for it.
Dean: Well, I have. Hey, that's in the past, man. What's done is done. All that matters now, all that's ever mattered is that we're together, so shut up and drink your beer. You gonna be able to sleep tonight?
Sam: Yeah, yeah. I think so. How about you?
Dean: I still got some ringing going on in my head, but nothing some good music couldn't wash out.
Sam: You know, I still can't figure it out. I mean, banshees go after the vulnerable, right? So, why'd it go after you?
Dean: You're overthinking it. It was going after Mildred, it saw my gold blade and acted out of self-defense. Simple.
Sam: Yeah, you're probably right.
Dean: I'm always right.
Sam: Yeah, yeah. Night.